Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hindsight Bride - A Wedding Feature

They say that hindsight is 20/20.  

Images from Visio Photography as seen on Hindsight Bride
It's the reason I spent hours (upon hours) researching real life weddings.  I learned so much from other brides while planning my own wedding.  I had the benefit of their experiences to help shape my own.    Advice from past brides was so incredibly helpful.  

I'm honored to have our special day featured in a wonderful wedding blog, Hindsight Bride.   Christie O, a past bride herself, has an eye for selecting gorgeous weddings, many with a mountain style or inspiration.  

If you've been following along with us here on Vita Nostra, you know that our wedding was set in the beautiful mountain setting of Asheville, North Carolina at the Biltmore.   While not your typical mountain setting, the Biltmore brought an added European elegance and a stunning fall backdrop.   It is a magical location, captured by our amazing photography team at Visio Photography.

I wish I had known about Hindsight Bride while I was planning my wedding.    The site is full of great advice from past brides and all kinds of wedding goodness, all with a mountain twist!

I'd love for you to check out the feature... it is full of my personal hindsight advice and lots of great eye candy!  

Past Brides - What is your best advice/lessons learned for anyone who may be currently planning their wedding?

4 comments:

  1. Stunning images!!!

    Congrats to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, it was such a treat going through your wedding photos. I loved that your priorities were family and setting; everything else was just gravy (as we say in the hills.) Still, that "gravy" was gorgeous, no doubt about it. You picked a great couple of photographers with Visio. Thanks again for sharing; I know other brides will find your advice helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics! My wedding was so long ago but the one thing I can offer is to not lose sight of the fact that this is YOUR special day between the two of you. Don't get so wrapped up in flowers, and favours, and setting, and guests that you forget why this is happening in the first place. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love hearing from you and read each and every one!