Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Little Taste


I'm sure I won't completely shock you by saying that planning our wedding menu was one of the tasks in our wedding checklist that I was most looking forward to.  The menu tasting fell neatly in line right after that.  


The Chef and catering team at the Biltmore did a phenomenal job working with me to understand what I was looking for, offering amazing suggestions and then executing it wonderfully.    John and I had so much fun at the tasting.   It was one of a series of marathon wedding tasks we were checking off the list on a very memorable weekend in Asheville.






And how often do you get to dine privately with your significant other while the chef personally brings out course after course, all while gathering your feedback?   Kind of a dream come true.   The wedding menu tasting gave us an opportunity to refine our choices and tweak ingredients and flavors to our liking before the main event.   It also gave us some quiet time together during a busy period which is always a good thing.



Plus, it gave me a chance to haul out my camera at a public dinner table without completely feeling like a dork.   I'm glad I did too.   Although we ended up tweaking the menu after the experience, it was nice to be able to have a few images to help us remember the food portion of the evening once it was all over.

Just a little taste of things to come!

1 comment:

  1. Yum!

    It all looks delicious...how fun, and like you said, your significant other and the chef, private dining...definitely a dream come true in my books!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love hearing from you and read each and every one!